2 Raymond Terrace,
Unit 9B, 1-10 Amy Close,
Terrigal: 4385 2079
Wyong: 4352 3343
Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm
At Optimum Health & Performance, we regularly use Kinesio® Tape on our patients. Some of our physiotherapists and massage therapists have completed certified courses with Kinesio® Taping Australia.
Kinesio® taping is a unique therapeutic taping technique. It was developed by Dr Kenzo Kase in 1979 as a treatment to enhance the function of different tissues and physiological systems with both immediate and longer term effects.
Kinesio® Tape utilises a very specific taping method. The tape is generally very well tolerated by patients, made of 100% cotton with a weight, thickness, stretch and recoil similar to skin, and a medical grade hypoallergenic adhesive. It has a wide range of applications and uses including orthopaedic and neuromuscular conditions.
What is Kinesio® Tape used for?
The application allows for normal movement whilst providing support and stability to muscles and joints
Kinesio® Tape is used to offload tissues, reduce inflammation, facilitate healing and reduce pain
It can be used to inhibit/‘turn off’ tight or overused muscles or facilitate/‘turn on‘ weak muscles
Conditions/areas that Kinesio Tape ® is beneficial for
- Muscle imbalance and/or weakness
- Limited joint movement due to muscle spasm/guarding
- Support of ligaments and tendons
- Orthopaedic conditions – patella maltracking, tendinopathy, bursitis
- Postural insufficiency and misalignment
- Pathological movement patterns
- Fascial adhesions/scars
- Circulation and lymphatic conditions
- Neurological conditions
- Paediatric conditions – torticollis, talipes
- Pregnancy/women’s health conditions – linea alba separation, mastitis
- Respiratory conditions- diaphragm, rib stability, nasal passage